Thursday, November 15, 2007

No Phone, No Internet, No TV

November 15, 2007

Nature Walks, Homemade Pasta & Reading Out Loud

Well the phones and the internet have been pretty spotty since we got here to the KOA (and especially this week), and I have started limiting the amount of TV Abby can watch, so we've had to think of things to do instead. It's definately harder than it sounds! Plus, add in the rain almost every day and the fact that all her campground friends have moved on, and you've got the recipe for LONG days. Yesterday I even found myself hanging out in the campground store answering phones when I wasn't even scheduled to work! I'm so used to having 15 hours of work to do each day that I just don't know what to do with myself. I've thrown myself into the homeschooling, but you really can only read so much on teaching kindergarten and Abby can only spend so much of the day learning new things. Oh, by the way, she's now sounded out and read 5 easy readers by herself. It's still very new, but she is so excited that she can "read"!

No comments:

Post a Comment